We are looking for a hands-on Scrum Master with at least 5 years of experience in Scrum/Agile projects for a contract opportunity.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least 5 years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metric
- Understanding of and experience in the SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
Preferred Skills &Experience
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile, FDD
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills