The Database Administrator works alongside with a manager to maintain databases, backups, and other database issues/needs. This position is responsible for installation, configuration, and maintenance of database systems. They are responsible for performance turning, security, and database administration/integrity.
Your responsibilities will include
- Deliver support for SQL Server data structures in production and test environments using present-day tool sets.
- Resolve issues in database performance.
- Provide support along all parts of the database implementation.
- Deal with analytic tools to identify database performance bottlenecks, and figure out how to improve and correct.
- Troubleshoot performance and non-performance related issues
To be successful you will need
- Knowledge of database concepts, practices, and procedures such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and Amazon RDS.
- Knowledge of storage and performance tuning
- Grasp of understanding of maintenance, and recovery
- Knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Amazon RDS, and more
- General understanding of network and storage performance tuning
- Knowledge of routine maintenance, recovery, and dealing with failover of a database